The careers information we provide is to help both parents and students make fully informed choices at key stages.
There are a growing number of alternative and changing progression routes for students to negotiate to achieve the best outcomes for themselves.
It is also important to understand the changing labour market and the impact this may have on career choices.
Here we hope to provide up to date information and links to aid this process and understanding for each Key Stage.
Noel Tierney, Careers Advisor, Graveney at : email@example.com
National Careers Service
Providing information, advice and guidance to help you make decisions on learning, training and work https://nationalcareers.service.gov.uk/
Ask About Apprenticeships, Parents Pack An informative guide to developments in apprenticeships, including Higher and Degree level opportunities. A link to the most recent Parent Pack can be found in the documents listed at the bottom of this page.
Parental Guidance.org.uk Useful careers related information for parents.
Degree Level Apprenticeships
Degree level apprenticeships are growing fast across a broad range of professional careers sectors. University maybe your preferred route for your son or daughter but it’s certainly worth checking out the great opportunities coming through degree apprenticeships. Student debt after a 3 year degree can be around £40k. They have to be earning above £25k a year before they start paying and any remaining debt after 30 years is written off. There is no debt through Degree Apprenticeships, with 5 years to complete a degree through an apprenticeship compared with 3 years for a degree at a University.
- Find out about Apprenticeships: Fitch Learning Webinar - Friday 20th November 6pm – 7pm.
- The event is suitable for students, teachers, parents – anyone interested in finding out more about apprenticeships for themselves or for others.
- It is designed to be a practical guide with signposting to real opportunities rather than just an information session so should be ideal for anyone keen to explore different options for their future. Find out more and register here
- Thinking about what you're going to do after you leave school?
Whether that's an apprenticeship, university, or something else, get the best advice for your future...
Book your free tickets for upcoming virtual events in 6 & 7 November:
- A to Z of Apprenticeships 2018
- Apprenticeship Guide for Parents
- Apprenticeships Case Study Pack 2020
- Apprenticeships Essential Info pack 2020
- Apprenticeships Parent Pack May 2020
- ASK Apprenticeship Support and Knowledge Online 2020
- Cheat sheet a guide to apprenticeship levels 2020
- Guide to Apprenticeships for Students and Staff
- Higher Apprenticeship Guide
- Parent Guide 2020 Helping your child begin their career journey
- Parent Pack December 2020
- Parents Carers eBook Preview
- T Levels Sept 2020